Cleveland, Janet; Hanley, Jill; Jaimes, Annie; Wolofsky, Tamar (2020, aout)
Montréal : Institut universitaire SHERPA | 4 p.
What factors influence the impact of the crisis associated with COVID-19 on Montreal cultural communities?
Our study indicates that certain groups in cultural communities are made vulnerable by the intersection of multiple economic and social factors, in particular :
- Precarious financial situation;
- Employment in a position at high risk of exposure to COVID ;
- Precarious migration status or lack of status;
- Lack of medical insurance;
- Being allophone;
- Low literacy;
- Being targeted by racism.
These factors may contribute to high levels of infection and psychosocial distress in certain multiethnic, low-income neighbourhoods in Montreal.
Public health policies must take into account the combined impact of these economic, linguistic, sociocultural and migratory factors.